Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Analysis on Charlie Puth's "Enemy"

Analysis on Charlie Puth's unreleased track - Enemy

Analysis:

In this post, we will be taking a look at one of Charlie Puth's unreleased song titled "Enemy". I've heard this song in Youtube, and it's awesome! I wonder why Charlie never actually released the track in his album.



So I did some research and here's the background story: This song was one of the most unfortunate victim's of the great 'Charlie Puth YouTube Channel Cull', where most of Charlie's old songs were sent to private. This includes precious songs like 'LUV', and 'The Pickle Song'. The track's genre is electropop, and somehow, the producers didn't approve of it, and sadly, it wasn't saved.

This is Enemy's song bio as I found on genius.com-
One of Charlie Puth’s original songs. Released when he was still working independently. In the description of the original YouTube video, he wrote: 
"It’s about dealing with my own anxiety and recognizing that people won’t stay the same forever."
The song was released on 2014, written and produced by Charlie Puth only. It's kind of similar to "The Way I Am" in idea as both songs is about dealing with anxiety. This song is literally about fighting with yourself and doubting everything. The chorus goes like -
"If I don't breathe a little
Then I'm gonna end up losing everything

If I don't breathe a little
Then I'll end up being my own worst enemy"
The structure of the track is quite standard- verse,pre-chorus,chorus, then to second verse. The bridge before the final chorus is identical to the pre-chorus, just the lyrics is different. The song is wonderful. You should go listen.
Here's an interesting article I found on some Charlie Puth songs you might not have heard yet: https://www.projectu.tv/7-great-charlie-puth-songs-you-might-not-have-heard-yet/
I hope you liked this 'Analysis', a new series I'll be starting on this blog. In these posts I'll be inspecting Charlie Puth songs. There are still many unreleased Charlie Puth songs that you might not have heard of. I will be making posts about them, once every month. So stay tuned for the next Analysis. Follow the blog and subscribe.

1 comment: